Court Appointed Special Advocates of northeast Tennessee, or C.A.S.A., is looking for volunteers.
Training begins Thursday night at 5:30 at the Johnson City Chamber of Commerce.
On Thursday they'll introduce a new opportunity for those wanting to help foster youth. It's called Fostering Futures and it's happening thanks to a $1.6 million grant from the Walmart Foundation.
C.A.S.A of northeast Tennessee serves the juvenile courts of Washington, Unicoi and Greene counties as well as Johnson City.
For more information you can call 423-461-3500.
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- New Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury
- Local mayor and associate admitted to bribing voters
- Suspect in stabbing of Greene Co. dog was in country illegally