Authorities have identified the victims and cause of a house explosion in Tennessee.
WBIR-TV reported Monday that the Blount County Sheriff's Office identified the two victims killed Thursday night as 51-year-old Carey B. Knight and 54-year-old Donald L. Knight. Preliminary autopsy reports reveal the Knights' injuries were consistent with the force of the explosion.
Investigators with the sheriff's office and Tennessee Bomb and Arson determined the explosion was the result of an accidental propane leak.
State property records show the Knights owned the house. The explosion leveled the 1,200-square-foot (111-sq. meter) home, scattering debris over an area about the size of a football field.
The sheriff's office continues to investigate the incident.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need
- Sheriff: Homicide victim identified in Hawkins County
- Chilhowie's 1970 state championship team ready to 'pass the torch'