GREENBACK, Tenn. - The victim from Wednesday's deer hunting accident in Loudon Co. has died.
William Nathan Norris, 37, from Greenback died early this morning at the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville from injuries sustained in a hunting accident, according to the TWRA.
Norris and an unnamed partner were deer hunting on private property off of South Hwy 411 in Greenback when the incident occurred.
Officers say that Norris had crossed a fence ahead of his hunting partner when a crossbow was discharged resulting in serious head injuries.
Earlier reports were that the injured hunter was carrying the crossbow, however officers have now learned that his hunting partner was apparently carrying the bow.
The incident remains under investigation by the TWRA and the Loudon County Sheriff's Office.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream