GREENBACK, Tenn. - The victim from Wednesday's deer hunting accident in Loudon Co. has died.
William Nathan Norris, 37, from Greenback died early this morning at the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville from injuries sustained in a hunting accident, according to the TWRA.
Norris and an unnamed partner were deer hunting on private property off of South Hwy 411 in Greenback when the incident occurred.
Officers say that Norris had crossed a fence ahead of his hunting partner when a crossbow was discharged resulting in serious head injuries.
Earlier reports were that the injured hunter was carrying the crossbow, however officers have now learned that his hunting partner was apparently carrying the bow.
The incident remains under investigation by the TWRA and the Loudon County Sheriff's Office.
- Updated Bristol, Virginia scraps waterfall plan at the Falls
- New Kingsport hosts national gymnastics championship
- Updated Man and woman charged with attempted murder, kidnapping now on most wanted list
- Tennessee governor taking business recruiting trip to Europe
- Senate OKs bill to expand N. Carolina's 'revenge porn' law