In just a few days, the Nationwide Series will make a stop in Bristol.
Even though NASCAR has banned its drivers from tweeting during races, that won't stop thousands of fans from using their mobile devices.
Verizon is working now to prepare for the influx of visitors by moving mobile cell units known as "cows" and "colts" to the race track.
These mobile cell sites will help to boost capacity to ensure race-goers and tailgaters have consistently strong voice calls, text messaging and 3G and 4G data coverage.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities