In just a few days, the Nationwide Series will make a stop in Bristol.
Even though NASCAR has banned its drivers from tweeting during races, that won't stop thousands of fans from using their mobile devices.
Verizon is working now to prepare for the influx of visitors by moving mobile cell units known as "cows" and "colts" to the race track.
These mobile cell sites will help to boost capacity to ensure race-goers and tailgaters have consistently strong voice calls, text messaging and 3G and 4G data coverage.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash