KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - The University of Tennessee is raising its minimum wage.
Workers will be making $9.50 / hour. The university's starting pay rate right now is $8.50 / hour. With the new plan, the pay rate will bump up to $9.00 / hour on January first. Then on June 30th it will increase again to $9.50 / hour.
UT's Compensation Advisory Board says the increase will impact approximately 223 current employees working across the state.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death