KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - The University of Tennessee is raising its minimum wage.
Workers will be making $9.50 / hour. The university's starting pay rate right now is $8.50 / hour. With the new plan, the pay rate will bump up to $9.00 / hour on January first. Then on June 30th it will increase again to $9.50 / hour.
UT's Compensation Advisory Board says the increase will impact approximately 223 current employees working across the state.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction