A man charged in a mass shooting that killed one person and wounded six others at a Tennessee church is slated for a court appearance.
Emanuel Kidega Samson is due in front of a Davidson County general sessions judge on Monday morning, according to our sister station WZTV.
The 25-year-old is charged with the fatal shooting of one woman and is expected to face several more charges after the rampage at the Burnett Chapel Church of Christ in Nashville.
He was ordered held without bond by a judicial commissioner.
According to an arrest affidavit, Samson waived his rights and told police he arrived at the church armed and fired upon the building Sept. 24.
Police haven't determined a motive for the shooting.
- Disney Animation, Pixar chief John Lasseter taking leave
- Homes with a heart: local United Way initiative offers shelter for families in need
- Parents urged to take a look at "Trouble in Toyland" report before Christmas shopping
- Mosheim's Blue Springs Lutheran Church added to National Register of Historical Places
- Derailed coal train had Michigan utility plant destination