Former athletic department worker and current Kansas State Athletic Director John Currie has reportedly been hired to take the same position at the University of Tennessee.
Several sources including ESPN reported the hire Tuesday morning.
Currie has been at K-State since 2009 and has turned the school into one of the NCAA's most solvent financial programs, according to information posted on the Manhattan, Kansas university's website.
He earned his sports management degree from Tennessee in 2003 and worked in the AD's office during Mike Hamilton's tenure in Knoxville, according to Currie's biography.
Currie will be replacing Dave Hart who announced his retirement last year.
- Updated Charlie Rose fired by CBS after sexual harassment reports
- Jimmy Buffet, Chris Stapleton, James Taylor opening for the Eagles on select dates in 2018
- Police seek help in solving vehicle theft cases in Elizabethton
- Motor Mile Speedway near Radford not renewing NASCAR sanction for 2018
- UPDATE: TBI identifies shooting victim in Piney Flats incident