UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - The woman accused of hitting two people at a bus stop made her first appearance before a judge.
A Unicoi County judge appointed a public defender to represent Kris Waterhouse Friday morning. Her bond was set at $20,000.
Troopers say Waterhouse failed to stop for the flashing red lights and stop sign of a school bus on Unicoi Drive. We're told Kathrine Bryant stepped in front of the SUV, trying to save her 6-year-old grandson.
She was treated and released from the hospital; her grandson is still hospitalized with serious injuries.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash