UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - The woman accused of hitting two people at a bus stop made her first appearance before a judge.
A Unicoi County judge appointed a public defender to represent Kris Waterhouse Friday morning. Her bond was set at $20,000.
Troopers say Waterhouse failed to stop for the flashing red lights and stop sign of a school bus on Unicoi Drive. We're told Kathrine Bryant stepped in front of the SUV, trying to save her 6-year-old grandson.
She was treated and released from the hospital; her grandson is still hospitalized with serious injuries.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport