UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - Unicoi County Sheriff Mike Hensley tells News 5, deputies arrested a man and charged him with aggravated burglary and theft over $500.
Hensley says Robert Sneyd was arrested after deputies conducted an investigation into two burglaries in the area. One was at a church Simerly Creek Road in Unicoi and a home in the same area. Hensely believes Sneyd took money from the church and guns were taken from the home.
He tells us burglaries like this usually come back to one thing. "Any time you have burglaries like that, it falls right back to they're involved in drugs. They're stealing items to support their habits to make money," said Hensely.
Hensley tells us they recovered all of the guns that were taken from the home. At last check, Sneyd was in the Unicoi County Jail.
- Updated Three injured at Volusia Speedway Park when car crashes into stands
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake