UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - Unicoi County authorities say a student is behind threats made against a local school using the social networking app Streetchat.
Sheriff Mike Hensley says 18-year-old Rafael Diaz Saldana is charged with false reporting, death threats to school employees, and harassment.
We're told Saldana was a junior at Unicoi County High School. He's accused of posting the message, which read, "Everyone will die in school on Tuesday."
Officers say no school was named in the post, and they believe he had no intention of carrying out the threats.
Saldana was arrested Monday night. His bond was set at $10,000.
- New 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- New South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities
- Many busy picking up the pieces after severe storms strike our region