UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - Unicoi County authorities say a student is behind threats made against a local school using the social networking app Streetchat.
Sheriff Mike Hensley says 18-year-old Rafael Diaz Saldana is charged with false reporting, death threats to school employees, and harassment.
We're told Saldana was a junior at Unicoi County High School. He's accused of posting the message, which read, "Everyone will die in school on Tuesday."
Officers say no school was named in the post, and they believe he had no intention of carrying out the threats.
Saldana was arrested Monday night. His bond was set at $10,000.
- Updated Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated Woman pleads guilty in Tenn. drag racing case
- New Man arrested for trying pay with $1 bill altered to look like a $20
- Updated Wife who says lottery is waste of money wins $1 million
- Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace