UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - Unicoi County authorities say a student is behind threats made against a local school using the social networking app Streetchat.
Sheriff Mike Hensley says 18-year-old Rafael Diaz Saldana is charged with false reporting, death threats to school employees, and harassment.
We're told Saldana was a junior at Unicoi County High School. He's accused of posting the message, which read, "Everyone will die in school on Tuesday."
Officers say no school was named in the post, and they believe he had no intention of carrying out the threats.
Saldana was arrested Monday night. His bond was set at $10,000.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone