ERWIN, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigations is looking into allegations that a $1,000 cash bond has gone missing from the Unicoi County Jail fund.
Agency spokesman Josh DeVine said the TBI received a request from District Attorney General Tony Clark on July 23 to request the investigation.
County Sheriff Mike Hensley says he also requested the investigation after the matter of the missing money was brought to his attention by one of the sheriff's department's bookkeepers.
Hensley declined to provide more information because the investigation is open.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities