ERWIN, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigations is looking into allegations that a $1,000 cash bond has gone missing from the Unicoi County Jail fund.
Agency spokesman Josh DeVine said the TBI received a request from District Attorney General Tony Clark on July 23 to request the investigation.
County Sheriff Mike Hensley says he also requested the investigation after the matter of the missing money was brought to his attention by one of the sheriff's department's bookkeepers.
Hensley declined to provide more information because the investigation is open.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend