UNICOI COUNTY, TENN. - The senior class at Unicoi County High School got quite a treat.
A teacher realized some of the students had never been on a boat before, so she set up a day-trip on six pontoon boats.
Doug Sams donated his boats because he wanted the kids to experience the benefits of boating. "it's an opportunity for people to get out on the water and be with their families said Sams . " And spend time away from the internet and the television and everything else."
The day in the sun also included fishing, volleyball, tossing the pigskin and a game of cornhole at Winged Deer park.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record