UNICOI COUNTY, TENN. - The senior class at Unicoi County High School got quite a treat.
A teacher realized some of the students had never been on a boat before, so she set up a day-trip on six pontoon boats.
Doug Sams donated his boats because he wanted the kids to experience the benefits of boating. "it's an opportunity for people to get out on the water and be with their families said Sams . " And spend time away from the internet and the television and everything else."
The day in the sun also included fishing, volleyball, tossing the pigskin and a game of cornhole at Winged Deer park.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson