ERWIN, Tenn. - A new bridge under construction in Erwin, Tennessee is nearly half way complete.
The bridge is being built over the railroad tracks to help relieve traffic congestion. Officials with the Tennessee Department of Transportation say concrete for the bridge deck is scheduled to be poured within the next two weeks.
The bridge would also allow quicker response times by EMS. The $9 million project is expected to be complete by October.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests