ERWIN, Tenn. - A new bridge under construction in Erwin, Tennessee is nearly half way complete.
The bridge is being built over the railroad tracks to help relieve traffic congestion. Officials with the Tennessee Department of Transportation say concrete for the bridge deck is scheduled to be poured within the next two weeks.
The bridge would also allow quicker response times by EMS. The $9 million project is expected to be complete by October.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport