ERWIN, Tenn. - A new bridge under construction in Erwin, Tennessee is nearly half way complete.
The bridge is being built over the railroad tracks to help relieve traffic congestion. Officials with the Tennessee Department of Transportation say concrete for the bridge deck is scheduled to be poured within the next two weeks.
The bridge would also allow quicker response times by EMS. The $9 million project is expected to be complete by October.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school