ERWIN, Tenn. - A new bridge under construction in Erwin, Tennessee is nearly half way complete.
The bridge is being built over the railroad tracks to help relieve traffic congestion. Officials with the Tennessee Department of Transportation say concrete for the bridge deck is scheduled to be poured within the next two weeks.
The bridge would also allow quicker response times by EMS. The $9 million project is expected to be complete by October.
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day
- Wanted man leads officers on multiple-state chase