ERWIN, Tenn. - A new bridge under construction in Erwin, Tennessee is nearly half way complete.
The bridge is being built over the railroad tracks to help relieve traffic congestion. Officials with the Tennessee Department of Transportation say concrete for the bridge deck is scheduled to be poured within the next two weeks.
The bridge would also allow quicker response times by EMS. The $9 million project is expected to be complete by October.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets