UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - Police say texting is what lead to a crash in Unicoi County Sunday evening.
According to Tennessee Highway Patrol it happened just before 5:30 near the Washington County line.
THP says a 23-year-old male driver looked away from the road at his cell phone for a text message when the car went off the road and over an embankment, hitting several trees along the way.
The driver was flown to the hospital. There's no word on his condition.
For a short time State Route 81 was closed because of the crash, but it is now open.
Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody