UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - Police say texting is what lead to a crash in Unicoi County Sunday evening.
According to Tennessee Highway Patrol it happened just before 5:30 near the Washington County line.
THP says a 23-year-old male driver looked away from the road at his cell phone for a text message when the car went off the road and over an embankment, hitting several trees along the way.
The driver was flown to the hospital. There's no word on his condition.
For a short time State Route 81 was closed because of the crash, but it is now open.
Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction