ERWIN, Tenn. - A Johnson City man who was arrested earlier this week on attempted statutory rape charges, is now facing federal charges as well.
Rickie Lee Hoyle, Jr. appeared in U.S. District Court in Greeneville, Tennessee Friday morning to face charges of inducing a minor to engage in illegal sexual activity.
Earlier that week, TBI investigators say Hoyle tried to meet a boy for sex at the Erwin Walmart. Click here to read more about that case.
Hoyle was already charged at the local level with attempted aggravated statutory rape and attempted sexual battery by an authority figure.
No bond or pretrial release was set during the day's proceedings.
- New UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- New Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program
- Report: Synthetic drug dealer from Pound gets 3.5 years in jail
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections