ERWIN, Tenn. - A Johnson City man who was arrested earlier this week on attempted statutory rape charges, is now facing federal charges as well.
Rickie Lee Hoyle, Jr. appeared in U.S. District Court in Greeneville, Tennessee Friday morning to face charges of inducing a minor to engage in illegal sexual activity.
Earlier that week, TBI investigators say Hoyle tried to meet a boy for sex at the Erwin Walmart. Click here to read more about that case.
Hoyle was already charged at the local level with attempted aggravated statutory rape and attempted sexual battery by an authority figure.
No bond or pretrial release was set during the day's proceedings.
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- Updated Grand jury set to hear case of man accused of sexual assault
- Updated Modern technology added in Sullivan County commission chambers renovation