ERWIN, Tenn. - The search of a home in Erwin, Tennessee led to the discovery of what police are calling a marijuana growing operation.
Unicoi County deputies searched a home on Deadrick Street, where they say they found an elaborate indoor marijuana growing operation.
During the search, police said a man came to the house; after searching him and his home on Old Highway Road, police said they found drugs and 28 guns.
In all, five people are facing drug charges in connection to the case: Kenneth Howell, Amanda Howell, Fred Tilson, Donald Lewis, and Patricia Lewis. Click here to view mugshots.
All defendants are scheduled to appear in court on July 17.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day