ERWIN, Tenn. - There may be sirens and emergency vehicles causing a commotion in Erwin, Tennessee next week, but it's only a test. Nuclear Fuel Services will take part in routine emergency preparedness exercises.
If you live near the facility, the company says you may hear alarms and see emergency vehicles in the area during the exercise. The alarms and vehicles are part of the exercise and they do not mean there is a real emergency.
NFS says the exercises are part of its commitment to maintaining the highest level of safety and security for employees, the public and the environment.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator