ERWIN, Tenn. - There may be sirens and emergency vehicles causing a commotion in Erwin, Tennessee next week, but it's only a test. Nuclear Fuel Services will take part in routine emergency preparedness exercises.
If you live near the facility, the company says you may hear alarms and see emergency vehicles in the area during the exercise. The alarms and vehicles are part of the exercise and they do not mean there is a real emergency.
NFS says the exercises are part of its commitment to maintaining the highest level of safety and security for employees, the public and the environment.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction