ERWIN, Tenn. - There may be sirens and emergency vehicles causing a commotion in Erwin, Tennessee next week, but it's only a test. Nuclear Fuel Services will take part in routine emergency preparedness exercises.
If you live near the facility, the company says you may hear alarms and see emergency vehicles in the area during the exercise. The alarms and vehicles are part of the exercise and they do not mean there is a real emergency.
NFS says the exercises are part of its commitment to maintaining the highest level of safety and security for employees, the public and the environment.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City