GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A man convicted of sending explicit text messages to an underage boy will spend over 10 years in prison according to Donny Young, the lawyer representing Rickie Lee Hoyle Jr. on a federal charge of inducting a minor to engage in sexual activity.
News 5 WCYB checked federal court documents which show the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said he attempted to meet a boy for sex at the Erwin, Tennessee Walmart in the fall of 2012.
After serving prison time, Hoyle will have to serve 20 years supervised release.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project