GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A man convicted of sending explicit text messages to an underage boy will spend over 10 years in prison according to Donny Young, the lawyer representing Rickie Lee Hoyle Jr. on a federal charge of inducting a minor to engage in sexual activity.
News 5 WCYB checked federal court documents which show the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said he attempted to meet a boy for sex at the Erwin, Tennessee Walmart in the fall of 2012.
After serving prison time, Hoyle will have to serve 20 years supervised release.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport