GREENEVILLE, Tenn. - A man convicted of sending explicit text messages to an underage boy will spend over 10 years in prison according to Donny Young, the lawyer representing Rickie Lee Hoyle Jr. on a federal charge of inducting a minor to engage in sexual activity.
News 5 WCYB checked federal court documents which show the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said he attempted to meet a boy for sex at the Erwin, Tennessee Walmart in the fall of 2012.
After serving prison time, Hoyle will have to serve 20 years supervised release.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson