UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - A man faces charges in Unicoi County after authorities say he showed up at a woman's door with a gun Wednesday.
Sheriff Mike Hensley tells News 5 that around 1:30 Monday afternoon, his department got a call from a woman living on Sugar Hollow Road. She said that a man knocked on her door and told her he had a gun.
The sheriff says the man took off on foot into the woods. He was found a short time later sitting in his car with a loaded handgun.
Deputies say they also found a large amount of marijuana in his car.
We'll have more information on this story as it's available.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane