UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - A man faces charges in Unicoi County after authorities say he showed up at a woman's door with a gun Wednesday.
Sheriff Mike Hensley tells News 5 that around 1:30 Monday afternoon, his department got a call from a woman living on Sugar Hollow Road. She said that a man knocked on her door and told her he had a gun.
The sheriff says the man took off on foot into the woods. He was found a short time later sitting in his car with a loaded handgun.
Deputies say they also found a large amount of marijuana in his car.
We'll have more information on this story as it's available.
- Updated Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Updated Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire