UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - Unicoi County authorities arrested a man on several charges after they say he dragged his girlfriend from a home she didn't want to leave.
Jason Adam Smith is charged with aggravated burglary, aggravated assault, aggravated kidnapping, domestic assault and drug possession. According to the report, his girlfriend said she was scared of him and refused to leave the home after he forced the door open.
It says Smith eventually got to her after the home's residents tried to stop him. The residents told officers he threatened them with a rifle.
Officers arrived and he was taken into custody not long after.
Smith is scheduled to appear in court Thursday.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash