JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The following press release was put out by the TBI after a man was arrested at the Erwin Walmart and charged with attempting to have sex with a juvenile.
"The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation arrested a Johnson City man on May 24, 2013 on multiple charges for attempting to have sex with a juvenile.
TBI arrested Rickie Lee Hoyle, Jr., 40, late Friday and charged him with attempted aggravated statutory rape, attempted sexual battery by an authority figure and attempted solicitation of a person under 18 years of age.
On May 23, 2013, Hoyle sent sexually explicit text messages to the underage male victim. TBI conducted an undercover operation which resulted in Hoyle attempting to meet the juvenile for sex at Wal-Mart in Erwin, Tenn.
He was immediately arrested. The Erwin Police Department also investigated the case.
Hoyle was booked into the Unicoi County Jail. His bond has not been set."
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect
- Southwest VA school gets national recognition