ERWIN, Tenn. - A local company is cashing in on new contracts worth $200 million.
Nuclear Fuel Services in Erwin now has those contracts from the US Department of Energy
The first contract includes making and delivering fuel and support activities for a naval program.
The second provides development of material for future naval reactors programs.
We've learned NFS has been the sole maker of nuclear fuel for the navy's fleet of nuclear-powered aircraft carriers and submarines since 1964.
- Updated Bristol, Virginia scraps waterfall plan at the Falls
- New Kingsport hosts national gymnastics championship
- Updated Man and woman charged with attempted murder, kidnapping now on most wanted list
- Tennessee governor taking business recruiting trip to Europe
- Senate OKs bill to expand N. Carolina's 'revenge porn' law