ERWIN, Tenn. - A local company is cashing in on new contracts worth $200 million.
Nuclear Fuel Services in Erwin now has those contracts from the US Department of Energy
The first contract includes making and delivering fuel and support activities for a naval program.
The second provides development of material for future naval reactors programs.
We've learned NFS has been the sole maker of nuclear fuel for the navy's fleet of nuclear-powered aircraft carriers and submarines since 1964.
- Death toll from Sevier County wildfires increases to 14
- Updated Comptroller critical of Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office
- Kingsport man wanted for violent attack on female victim and cat
- Police searching for man suspected in 2 Kingsport burglaries
- Police: Fake news story led gunman to popular DC pizzeria