ERWIN, Tenn. - A local company is cashing in on new contracts worth $200 million.
Nuclear Fuel Services in Erwin now has those contracts from the US Department of Energy
The first contract includes making and delivering fuel and support activities for a naval program.
The second provides development of material for future naval reactors programs.
We've learned NFS has been the sole maker of nuclear fuel for the navy's fleet of nuclear-powered aircraft carriers and submarines since 1964.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development