ERWIN, Tenn. - A local company is cashing in on new contracts worth $200 million.
Nuclear Fuel Services in Erwin now has those contracts from the US Department of Energy
The first contract includes making and delivering fuel and support activities for a naval program.
The second provides development of material for future naval reactors programs.
We've learned NFS has been the sole maker of nuclear fuel for the navy's fleet of nuclear-powered aircraft carriers and submarines since 1964.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream