UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - An investigation is underway after an inmate died in the Unicoi County jail.
According to Sheriff Mike Hensley, Erwin Police arrested Nathan Silvers around 11:30 Thursday night, charging him with DUI and drug offenses.
He was booked into the jail. The sheriff says around 2 a.m., detention officers checked on Silvers and discovered he wasn't breathing.
They performed CPR until an EMS crew arrived. Silvers was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The TBI is handling the investigation. We'll bring you more details as they're available.
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools