UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - An investigation is underway after an inmate died in the Unicoi County jail.
According to Sheriff Mike Hensley, Erwin Police arrested Nathan Silvers around 11:30 Thursday night, charging him with DUI and drug offenses.
He was booked into the jail. The sheriff says around 2 a.m., detention officers checked on Silvers and discovered he wasn't breathing.
They performed CPR until an EMS crew arrived. Silvers was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The TBI is handling the investigation. We'll bring you more details as they're available.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport