UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn - A historic rail car returned to its one time home in Unicoi County, where it was used by the Clinchfield Railroad from the early 1950's to the 1980's.
The car is actually more than 100 years old and has been refurbished over the years. It was brought to Erwin by the Clinchfield Railroad to become the official office car.
During its time in Erwin, it served as the Santa Train car where Santa stood on the back throwing gifts. In 1983, it was retired and moved around a bit but now it's finally back in our area.
The rail car display was held in conjunction with a health fair at the Erwin National Guard Armory that was free to the public.
Health care professionals, counselors and others were on hand to help people with their health concerns.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial