JOHNSON City, Tenn. - The future of Unicoi County Memorial Hospital is still undecided.
Board members voted to delay their decision allowing Mountain States Health Alliance to take over.
Both Mountain States and Wellmont Health System submitted proposals to UCMH.
News 5 talked with the CEO of Mountain States Heath Alliance Friday about the decision. "If they [UCMH Board Members] decide for some reason that Wellmont should get a second chance, then we should get a second chance. We should get to see their proposal that they're going to be submitting before we submit a second time," said Dennis Vonderfect.
News 5 learned Unicoi County Memorial Hospital Board Members will meet again October 18th at Town Hall.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment