JOHNSON City, Tenn. - The future of Unicoi County Memorial Hospital is still undecided.
Board members voted to delay their decision allowing Mountain States Health Alliance to take over.
Both Mountain States and Wellmont Health System submitted proposals to UCMH.
News 5 talked with the CEO of Mountain States Heath Alliance Friday about the decision. "If they [UCMH Board Members] decide for some reason that Wellmont should get a second chance, then we should get a second chance. We should get to see their proposal that they're going to be submitting before we submit a second time," said Dennis Vonderfect.
News 5 learned Unicoi County Memorial Hospital Board Members will meet again October 18th at Town Hall.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities