JOHNSON City, Tenn. - The future of Unicoi County Memorial Hospital is still undecided.
Board members voted to delay their decision allowing Mountain States Health Alliance to take over.
Both Mountain States and Wellmont Health System submitted proposals to UCMH.
News 5 talked with the CEO of Mountain States Heath Alliance Friday about the decision. "If they [UCMH Board Members] decide for some reason that Wellmont should get a second chance, then we should get a second chance. We should get to see their proposal that they're going to be submitting before we submit a second time," said Dennis Vonderfect.
News 5 learned Unicoi County Memorial Hospital Board Members will meet again October 18th at Town Hall.
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media
- Updated Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN