UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - A fire destroyed a Unicoi County home Tuesday afternoon and damaged several others nearby.
The Southside Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire at a home on Dewey Corn Circle around 4:15 Tuesday afternoon. Firefighters said when they got there, the entire home was engulfed in flames.
Crews on the scene told us no one was inside the home at the time of the fire.
We're told the home is a total loss. "Within five or ten minutes, the house was on the ground. It was very hot, very quick. We [did] a real good job with saving these surrounding homes," said Capt. Jeff Bryant.
Some of the neighboring homes did sustain minor damage from the heat of the flames.
The American Red Cross was on the scene to help the family.
We're told the cause of the fire is unknown at this time, but the investigation is ongoing.
- New Ariana Grande returning to Manchester for benefit show
- New 44 hits found in DNA testing of Virginia's backlogged rape evidence
- KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill
- Former Texas nurse accused of killing dozens of kids in '80s