A major fire overnight completely destroyed a long-time popular drive-in in the Town of Unicoi.
According to Sheriff Mike Hensley crews were called about to the scene at Clarence's Drive-In on Unicoi Drive around 11 p.m. Tuesday night.
Hensley says the restaurant was closed at the time. The building is considered a complete loss.
Sheriff Hensley told News 5 that the fire began near the counter of the restaurant.
Investigators will be on scene Wednesday to try to determine the cause.
- Updated UPDATE: Donald Trump Jr. denies Hawkins County, Tennessee land offer
- New Good Samaritan Ministries still need sponors for 500 people in need this holiday season
- New Local Subway restaurants donating sandwiches to non-profits to show appreciation
- New Niswonger Children's Hospital Christmas event for kids receiving treatment
- New Wind chill temperatures can be winter's biggest villian