ERWIN, Tenn. - A long-awaited road project in the downtown Erwin received a major funding boost this morning from the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam and Tennessee Department of Transportation Commissioner John Schroer announced nearly $400,000 is going to the town of Erwin for the Downtown Connector Project.
The money will be used to help build a trail that runs five miles through town.
The project will add sidewalks and connect to the trail that runs to the Unicoi County High School sports complex.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets