ERWIN, Tenn. - A long-awaited road project in the downtown Erwin received a major funding boost this morning from the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam and Tennessee Department of Transportation Commissioner John Schroer announced nearly $400,000 is going to the town of Erwin for the Downtown Connector Project.
The money will be used to help build a trail that runs five miles through town.
The project will add sidewalks and connect to the trail that runs to the Unicoi County High School sports complex.
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day
- Wanted man leads officers on multiple-state chase