ERWIN, Tenn. - A $1.3 million expansion to a local company will bring 83 new jobs to Tennessee.
Impact Plastics in Erwin makes custom injection moldings for the automotive industry and it wants to expand into the medical industry.
On Tuesday, the company's owner met with Governor Bill Haslam, Lieutenant Governor Ron Ramsey and state Senator Rusty Crowe to talk about the growth.
Governor Haslam says it's just as important to see small businesses expand as it is to bring new industry to the state.
- Updated UPDATE: ETSU issues statement on student intimidating Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Buchanan County holds highest unemployment rate in Virginia
- Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker