ERWIN, Tenn. - A $1.3 million expansion to a local company will bring 83 new jobs to Tennessee.
Impact Plastics in Erwin makes custom injection moldings for the automotive industry and it wants to expand into the medical industry.
On Tuesday, the company's owner met with Governor Bill Haslam, Lieutenant Governor Ron Ramsey and state Senator Rusty Crowe to talk about the growth.
Governor Haslam says it's just as important to see small businesses expand as it is to bring new industry to the state.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital