ERWIN, Tenn. - A $1.3 million expansion to a local company will bring 83 new jobs to Tennessee.
Impact Plastics in Erwin makes custom injection moldings for the automotive industry and it wants to expand into the medical industry.
On Tuesday, the company's owner met with Governor Bill Haslam, Lieutenant Governor Ron Ramsey and state Senator Rusty Crowe to talk about the growth.
Governor Haslam says it's just as important to see small businesses expand as it is to bring new industry to the state.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day