ERWIN, Tenn. - A $1.3 million expansion to a local company will bring 83 new jobs to Tennessee.
Impact Plastics in Erwin makes custom injection moldings for the automotive industry and it wants to expand into the medical industry.
On Tuesday, the company's owner met with Governor Bill Haslam, Lieutenant Governor Ron Ramsey and state Senator Rusty Crowe to talk about the growth.
Governor Haslam says it's just as important to see small businesses expand as it is to bring new industry to the state.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial