ERWIN, Tenn. - A $1.3 million expansion to a local company will bring 83 new jobs to Tennessee.
Impact Plastics in Erwin makes custom injection moldings for the automotive industry and it wants to expand into the medical industry.
On Tuesday, the company's owner met with Governor Bill Haslam, Lieutenant Governor Ron Ramsey and state Senator Rusty Crowe to talk about the growth.
Governor Haslam says it's just as important to see small businesses expand as it is to bring new industry to the state.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend