ERWIN, Tenn. - Railroad tracks have been holding up Erwin drivers for years but the Tennessee Department of Transportation and Town of Erwin are trying to change that by building a bridge over the tracks.
We've learned construction has restarted on the bridge now that steel shipments have come in. The project was put on hold back in November while they waited for the delivery.
"If you look at the project prior to this, the progress I thought was very good," said Glenn Rosenoff, the city recorder. "The projection day is October 2014. I have not heard anything as far as an extension."
We first told you about this project about a year ago and will continue to bring you updates on its development.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane