UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - One week after being hit at a school bus stop, a six-year-old was released from the hospital Tuesday afternoon.
We're told Austin Smith had surgery on Friday for a broken femur.
Troopers say a driver hit Austin and his grandmother while waiting for a school bus last Thursday along Unicoi Road in Unicoi County, Tennessee.
The highway patrol says the woman who was driving the vehicle, 57-year-old Kris Ann Waterhouse, faces multiple charges stemming from the accident. We checked Tuesday and she was out of jail on bond.
Waterhouse told officers on the scene she did not see the flashing red lights on the bus.
The grandmother was treated and released from the hospital shortly after the accident.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event