UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - One week after being hit at a school bus stop, a six-year-old was released from the hospital Tuesday afternoon.
We're told Austin Smith had surgery on Friday for a broken femur.
Troopers say a driver hit Austin and his grandmother while waiting for a school bus last Thursday along Unicoi Road in Unicoi County, Tennessee.
The highway patrol says the woman who was driving the vehicle, 57-year-old Kris Ann Waterhouse, faces multiple charges stemming from the accident. We checked Tuesday and she was out of jail on bond.
Waterhouse told officers on the scene she did not see the flashing red lights on the bus.
The grandmother was treated and released from the hospital shortly after the accident.
- New 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- New South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities
- Many busy picking up the pieces after severe storms strike our region