UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - One week after being hit at a school bus stop, a six-year-old was released from the hospital Tuesday afternoon.
We're told Austin Smith had surgery on Friday for a broken femur.
Troopers say a driver hit Austin and his grandmother while waiting for a school bus last Thursday along Unicoi Road in Unicoi County, Tennessee.
The highway patrol says the woman who was driving the vehicle, 57-year-old Kris Ann Waterhouse, faces multiple charges stemming from the accident. We checked Tuesday and she was out of jail on bond.
Waterhouse told officers on the scene she did not see the flashing red lights on the bus.
The grandmother was treated and released from the hospital shortly after the accident.
- Kingsport police searching for five sex offenders
- Updated Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Volvo recalls 44K vehicles; leak can cause air bag problem
- New Fundraiser and concert to be held for John Battle coach who has brain cancer
- Updated UPDATE: Elizabethon police identify suspect in credit card theft case