Unicoi County, Tennessee authorities say they believe a Johnson City robbery could be connected to a high-speed chase they were on Monday night.
The armed robbery happened at Little Caesars in Johnson City around 8:00 Monday night on North Roan Street.
According to Johnson City Police, a black man entered the store, showed a gun and demanded money. Police say he then got into a red car with a spoiler and left.
Unicoi County Sheriff Mike Hensley says they first spotted the car around mile marker 46 on Interstate 26 and that's where his officers put out spike strips. He tells us the car stopped around Exit 40 in Erwin.
Hensley says the passenger in the car was wanted for murder in Hamilton County, Tennessee. We also found out Madison County, North Carolina authorities are involved in this case.
Hensley would not say whether the suspects were in custody Tuesday morning.
We'll continue to update you as we receive more information.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations