The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency arrested eight people for boating under the influence over the July 4 holiday weekend this year.
The agency reports that TWRA officials checked more than 3,400 vessels over the four-day holiday period running from Thursday, July 4, through Sunday, July 7. Agents made three additional arrests and issued 144 citations during that period.
There have been 14 boating-related fatalities on Tennessee waterways this year and 37 injuries, as of July 7. Total, there have been 87 reportable accidents.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia