The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency arrested eight people for boating under the influence over the July 4 holiday weekend this year.
The agency reports that TWRA officials checked more than 3,400 vessels over the four-day holiday period running from Thursday, July 4, through Sunday, July 7. Agents made three additional arrests and issued 144 citations during that period.
There have been 14 boating-related fatalities on Tennessee waterways this year and 37 injuries, as of July 7. Total, there have been 87 reportable accidents.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin