The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency arrested eight people for boating under the influence over the July 4 holiday weekend this year.
The agency reports that TWRA officials checked more than 3,400 vessels over the four-day holiday period running from Thursday, July 4, through Sunday, July 7. Agents made three additional arrests and issued 144 citations during that period.
There have been 14 boating-related fatalities on Tennessee waterways this year and 37 injuries, as of July 7. Total, there have been 87 reportable accidents.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator