The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency arrested eight people for boating under the influence over the July 4 holiday weekend this year.
The agency reports that TWRA officials checked more than 3,400 vessels over the four-day holiday period running from Thursday, July 4, through Sunday, July 7. Agents made three additional arrests and issued 144 citations during that period.
There have been 14 boating-related fatalities on Tennessee waterways this year and 37 injuries, as of July 7. Total, there have been 87 reportable accidents.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson