The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency arrested eight people for boating under the influence over the July 4 holiday weekend this year.
The agency reports that TWRA officials checked more than 3,400 vessels over the four-day holiday period running from Thursday, July 4, through Sunday, July 7. Agents made three additional arrests and issued 144 citations during that period.
There have been 14 boating-related fatalities on Tennessee waterways this year and 37 injuries, as of July 7. Total, there have been 87 reportable accidents.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend