SCOTT COUNTY, Tenn. - Two Scott County residents are now facing charges, accused of voter registration fraud.
According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Christina and Carrie Botts have been indicted by a Scott County grand jury. Christina Botts was indicted on 13 counts of illegal voter registration fraud and Carrie Botts was indicted on one count.
The charges stem from an investigation that began in October of 2012. The couple is accused of fraudulently registering 44 voters during September. Investigators say they forged signatures and altered address information to appear the individuals lived in the city of Huntsville.
Both were arrested Tuesday. Christina Botts' bond was set at $25,000. Carrie Botts' bond was set at $1,500.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane