SCOTT COUNTY, Tenn. - Two Scott County residents are now facing charges, accused of voter registration fraud.
According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Christina and Carrie Botts have been indicted by a Scott County grand jury. Christina Botts was indicted on 13 counts of illegal voter registration fraud and Carrie Botts was indicted on one count.
The charges stem from an investigation that began in October of 2012. The couple is accused of fraudulently registering 44 voters during September. Investigators say they forged signatures and altered address information to appear the individuals lived in the city of Huntsville.
Both were arrested Tuesday. Christina Botts' bond was set at $25,000. Carrie Botts' bond was set at $1,500.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial