NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Two agencies in our area have won grants from the state of Tennessee to fund local energy efficiency projects.
It's called the Clean Tennessee Energy Grant Program, and they require a match from the applicant.
In Greene County, the water and light commission in the town of Greeneville won the maximum amount, a quarter million dollars.
And in Carter County, the city of Elizabethton is being awarded $176,000.
The money comes from an April 2011 Clean Air Act settlement with the Tennessee Valley Authority.
- New Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Updated Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs