NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Two agencies in our area have won grants from the state of Tennessee to fund local energy efficiency projects.
It's called the Clean Tennessee Energy Grant Program, and they require a match from the applicant.
In Greene County, the water and light commission in the town of Greeneville won the maximum amount, a quarter million dollars.
And in Carter County, the city of Elizabethton is being awarded $176,000.
The money comes from an April 2011 Clean Air Act settlement with the Tennessee Valley Authority.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial