The Tennessee Valley Authority says its campgrounds and visitor centers at TVA dams and reservoirs are reducing hours or closing as the 2013 recreation season comes to an end.
TVA campgrounds on Cherokee, Douglas, Melton Hill and Wilson dam reservations will close Monday, as will Foster Falls campground in Marion County, Tenn.
Two campgrounds downstream of Douglas and Pickwick dams will remain open one month longer until Dec. 16.
TVA campgrounds will reopen in mid-March.
TVA's visitor center at Norris Dam will close Nov. 30, while the center at Fontana Dam closed last weekend. The visitor center at Kentucky Reservoir will open under abbreviated hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. through April, and the visitor center at Raccoon Mountain Pumped Storage Plant will remain closed indefinitely during maintenance.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day