The TSSAA classification time is near. Schools will be divided into class AAA, AA, and A either Tuesday or Wednesday.
The classifications will apply to all sports and take effect next school year.
Schools will have until October 24 to decide whether or not to move up to a higher classification. After the break points are set they will not change.
It is rumored that Sullivan Central and Sullivan South could drop to class AA, among other school moves.
Districts will officially be set for the four-year period on November 15.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University