The TSSAA classification time is near. Schools will be divided into class AAA, AA, and A either Tuesday or Wednesday.
The classifications will apply to all sports and take effect next school year.
Schools will have until October 24 to decide whether or not to move up to a higher classification. After the break points are set they will not change.
It is rumored that Sullivan Central and Sullivan South could drop to class AA, among other school moves.
Districts will officially be set for the four-year period on November 15.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Police: Pipe bomb found near Tweetsie Trial in Elizabethon
- Updated Local food bank receives $50,000 grant to help distribute produce
- Updated Jonesborough Police Chief placed on administrative leave