The TSSAA classification time is near. Schools will be divided into class AAA, AA, and A either Tuesday or Wednesday.
The classifications will apply to all sports and take effect next school year.
Schools will have until October 24 to decide whether or not to move up to a higher classification. After the break points are set they will not change.
It is rumored that Sullivan Central and Sullivan South could drop to class AA, among other school moves.
Districts will officially be set for the four-year period on November 15.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment