NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Treasury is notifying Metro Nashville teachers that their personal information may have been compromised.
A statement from state Treasurer David Lillard Jr. says a former treasury employee sent an email with the information to an unencrypted personal computer. Lillard says the file contained personal information such as Social Security numbers and addresses of 6,300 Metro teachers. He said it appears the information was not disseminated any further.
Lillard said the matter has been turned over to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin