NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Treasury is notifying Metro Nashville teachers that their personal information may have been compromised.
A statement from state Treasurer David Lillard Jr. says a former treasury employee sent an email with the information to an unencrypted personal computer. Lillard says the file contained personal information such as Social Security numbers and addresses of 6,300 Metro teachers. He said it appears the information was not disseminated any further.
Lillard said the matter has been turned over to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
- Updated Wise County receives grant for new protective order law
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Traffic advisory for Exit 17 on I-81 in Abingdon
- Authorities continue investigation into Sunday's fire in Johnson City
- Virginia Tech unveils plan for new business complex