NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Treasury is notifying Metro Nashville teachers that their personal information may have been compromised.
A statement from state Treasurer David Lillard Jr. says a former treasury employee sent an email with the information to an unencrypted personal computer. Lillard says the file contained personal information such as Social Security numbers and addresses of 6,300 Metro teachers. He said it appears the information was not disseminated any further.
Lillard said the matter has been turned over to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome