NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Treasury is notifying Metro Nashville teachers that their personal information may have been compromised.
A statement from state Treasurer David Lillard Jr. says a former treasury employee sent an email with the information to an unencrypted personal computer. Lillard says the file contained personal information such as Social Security numbers and addresses of 6,300 Metro teachers. He said it appears the information was not disseminated any further.
Lillard said the matter has been turned over to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon