HAMBLEN COUNTY, Tenn. - Members of the Tennessee Highway Patrol tell us a tractor trailer possibly carrying some kind of corrosive has caught fire on Interstate 81 north bound, bringing traffic to a standstill.
Authorities tell us the fire is not the result of a crash. At this time traffic in both the north and south bound lanes are closed between exits eight and twelve in the area near Hamblen County, Tennessee. According to Tennessee highway patrol, no injuries have been reported in connection to this incident.
We're told TDOT is heading to the area to reroute traffic around the incident as soon as possible. We will keep you updated with developments on air and online as we receive them.
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day
- Wanted man leads officers on multiple-state chase