HAMBLEN COUNTY, Tenn. - Members of the Tennessee Highway Patrol tell us a tractor trailer possibly carrying some kind of corrosive has caught fire on Interstate 81 north bound, bringing traffic to a standstill.
Authorities tell us the fire is not the result of a crash. At this time traffic in both the north and south bound lanes are closed between exits eight and twelve in the area near Hamblen County, Tennessee. According to Tennessee highway patrol, no injuries have been reported in connection to this incident.
We're told TDOT is heading to the area to reroute traffic around the incident as soon as possible. We will keep you updated with developments on air and online as we receive them.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone