HAMBLEN COUNTY, Tenn. - Members of the Tennessee Highway Patrol tell us a tractor trailer possibly carrying some kind of corrosive has caught fire on Interstate 81 north bound, bringing traffic to a standstill.
Authorities tell us the fire is not the result of a crash. At this time traffic in both the north and south bound lanes are closed between exits eight and twelve in the area near Hamblen County, Tennessee. According to Tennessee highway patrol, no injuries have been reported in connection to this incident.
We're told TDOT is heading to the area to reroute traffic around the incident as soon as possible. We will keep you updated with developments on air and online as we receive them.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets