HAMBLEN COUNTY, Tenn. - Members of the Tennessee Highway Patrol tell us a tractor trailer possibly carrying some kind of corrosive has caught fire on Interstate 81 north bound, bringing traffic to a standstill.
Authorities tell us the fire is not the result of a crash. At this time traffic in both the north and south bound lanes are closed between exits eight and twelve in the area near Hamblen County, Tennessee. According to Tennessee highway patrol, no injuries have been reported in connection to this incident.
We're told TDOT is heading to the area to reroute traffic around the incident as soon as possible. We will keep you updated with developments on air and online as we receive them.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake