Washington County, Tenn. - New numbers are painting a clearer picture of the magnitude of tornadoes that laid a path of destruction on July 27.
The National Weather Service confirmed two tornadoes ripped through Washington and Sullivan.
32 homes were destroyed or had heavy damage and 36 people have been given direct help for expenses such as clothing, food and building repairs.
That number could increase as volunteers complete individual casework.
Red Cross volunteers have provided 359 meals to those affected.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment