Washington County, Tenn. - New numbers are painting a clearer picture of the magnitude of tornadoes that laid a path of destruction on July 27.
The National Weather Service confirmed two tornadoes ripped through Washington and Sullivan.
32 homes were destroyed or had heavy damage and 36 people have been given direct help for expenses such as clothing, food and building repairs.
That number could increase as volunteers complete individual casework.
Red Cross volunteers have provided 359 meals to those affected.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City