Nashville, Tenn. - A Nashville, Tennessee woman is facing charges after police say she left her child at a bus station.
Cameras captured the woman walking away from her three-year-old daughter after she walks into a waiting area. Minutes later, she leaves to board a bus, unaware her child isn't with her. Four hours after leaving, she realizes what happened and calls police. After locating the child, Mwisa Smaili was arrested and charged with child neglect. Reports say she told police she wasn't sure why she left her child behind. Authorities say she was intoxicated.
- Kingsport police searching for five sex offenders
- Updated Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Volvo recalls 44K vehicles; leak can cause air bag problem
- New Fundraiser and concert to be held for John Battle coach who has brain cancer
- Updated UPDATE: Elizabethon police identify suspect in credit card theft case