A hit-and-run in Tennessee has left a toddler dead and Tennessee troopers searching for the driver.
The Knoxville News Sentinel quotes the Tennessee Highway Patrol as saying the 13-month-old child was struck on Wednesday in Sevier County. The patrol tweeted a security camera photo of the red, four-door Pontiac Vibe they suspect was involved. Troopers say the mid-2000s model car had been driving northbound on U.S. Route 441.
The collision happened shortly after 10 a.m. Authorities have not released details of the crash or the child's name.
The highway patrol has offered a $5,000 reward for details leading to an arrest.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- School board facing time, money constraints to renovate Jonesborough school
- RECALL ALERT: Driving with defects
- Coal spill cleanup underway
- NEW DETAILS: Law enforcement official could be witness in Sullivan Co. shooting investigation
- 9-year-old who wanted cards for 'last Christmas' succumbs to cancer