The Tennessee Department of Education announced a new program Monday.
It enlists highly effective teachers from the state's top schools to share best practices and help improve student achievement.
15 teachers were named to the Reward Schools Ambassador program, and 3 of them are from our area: Kelli Seymour from Southside Elementary in Johnson City, Hope Malone from Avoca Elementary in Bristol and Kyle Loudermilk from Blountville Elementary in Sullivan County.
Reward School Ambassadors are teachers who earned an overall top score on Tennessee's teacher evaluations, were nominated by their schools and selected for this year-long, paid position through a competitive application and interview process.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane