NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Highway Patrol will start accepting applications for its new trooper cadet class on July 30th.
Applications will be accepted online up until Aug. 5. The class is scheduled to begin Feb. 1st and lasts 20 weeks.
Individuals interested in applying must be at least 21 years old, be a U.S. citizen, have a high school diploma or equivalent and have no felony convictions.
Two years of college or military or previous law enforcement experience is preferred.
There are currently 884 authorized commissioned officer positions within the THP. Trooper recruits will be assigned to vacant positions across the state upon graduation.
For more information about becoming a state trooper, visit the Department of Safety and Homeland Security website at www.tn.gov/safety/thp/school.shtml.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction