BRISTOL, Tenn. - Along with chicken wings, some will be celebrating with a beer. But police want to warn you, officers will be keeping a close-eye out for impaired drivers because of the big game.
Troopers with the Tennessee Highway Patrol want you to celebrate the Super Bowl responsibly. That's why they will be patrolling both the interstate and back-roads looking for drunk drivers.
We've learned many counties in East Tennessee will have "No Refusal" DUI checkpoints. "If somebody is stopped and they're impaired or under the influence of alcohol, they're required to give a blood test to determine their blood alcohol level. If they refuse the test, then a search warrant can be obtained to draw the blood," said Lieutenant Jarrett Ramsey.
News 5 also learned THP will be stopping at local bars to check I.D.'s for underage drinking.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City