NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is reintroducing his school voucher bill.
The measure was withdrawn last year after senate republicans wanted to expand the program so there would be no limit on the number families included.
The governor says the bill would be limited to low income families with children attending failing schools. He says it would give funds to allow them to attend private schools.
If successful, the bill would include 5,000 students in the first year with expansion to 20,000 by 2016.
- Updated Wise County receives grant for new protective order law
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Traffic advisory for Exit 17 on I-81 in Abingdon
- Authorities continue investigation into Sunday's fire in Johnson City
- Virginia Tech unveils plan for new business complex