The facts on Tennessee's unemployment rate for January have been released.
We learned it increased slightly to 7.7%.
The Department of Labor and Workforce Development says there are more than 2.8 million people employed in Tennessee.
That's the highest employment total for the state since 2007.
The unemployment rate for last December was 7.6%. The national unemployment rate for January was 7.9%.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone