The facts on Tennessee's unemployment rate for January have been released.
We learned it increased slightly to 7.7%.
The Department of Labor and Workforce Development says there are more than 2.8 million people employed in Tennessee.
That's the highest employment total for the state since 2007.
The unemployment rate for last December was 7.6%. The national unemployment rate for January was 7.9%.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash