The facts on Tennessee's unemployment rate for January have been released.
We learned it increased slightly to 7.7%.
The Department of Labor and Workforce Development says there are more than 2.8 million people employed in Tennessee.
That's the highest employment total for the state since 2007.
The unemployment rate for last December was 7.6%. The national unemployment rate for January was 7.9%.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting