Eighty members of the Tennessee Task Force 1 left Memphis this morning in route to Moore, Oklahoma.
Once there, they will assist in search and rescue efforts, looking through the rubble of homes and businesses. It is believed there are still trapped people inside of what Monday's huge tornado left behind.
As of 1 p.m. Tuesday, the death toll had been reduced to 24 with another 237 people injured.
The Memphis-based task force will also take search dogs and specialized equipment to help dig through damaged homes and businesses.
Members of the team come from all across the state of Tennessee. They were last called on in October of 2012 to help after Hurricane Sandy hit the northeast.
- New Four months after Johnson City murder, still no suspect
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- UPDATE: Fresh leads develop in Christmas Eve murder
- Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides