NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The State of Education report is out in Tennessee.
The State Collaborative On Reforming Education (SCORE) looks at efforts to improve K-12 student academic performance.
The report shows Tennessee is the fastest-improving state in the country, although scores are still below the national average on the 2013 National Assessment Of Educational Progress.
The panel identified top priorities as maintaining standards, building leaders, teacher training, investing in technology, and supporting students to a career path.
Click here to view the entire report.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities