NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The State of Education report is out in Tennessee.
The State Collaborative On Reforming Education (SCORE) looks at efforts to improve K-12 student academic performance.
The report shows Tennessee is the fastest-improving state in the country, although scores are still below the national average on the 2013 National Assessment Of Educational Progress.
The panel identified top priorities as maintaining standards, building leaders, teacher training, investing in technology, and supporting students to a career path.
Click here to view the entire report.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect
- Southwest VA school gets national recognition