NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The State of Education report is out in Tennessee.
The State Collaborative On Reforming Education (SCORE) looks at efforts to improve K-12 student academic performance.
The report shows Tennessee is the fastest-improving state in the country, although scores are still below the national average on the 2013 National Assessment Of Educational Progress.
The panel identified top priorities as maintaining standards, building leaders, teacher training, investing in technology, and supporting students to a career path.
Click here to view the entire report.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport