MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - A man has pleaded guilty to raping four women in Tennessee more than 16 years ago.
The Shelby County district attorney's office said Wednesday that Tony Sea was sentenced to 40 years in prison without the possibility for parole. He pleaded guilty to four aggravated rape charges under a settlement with prosecutors.
Prosecutors say DNA evidence matched Sea to the rape cases. Sea broke in to the victims' homes or apartments, sexually assaulted them and tied the victims with telephone cords before leaving.
The cases occurred between September 2000 and May 2001. The ages of the victims ranged between 21 and 45.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sam's Gap closed off as of 11:15 p.m. Saturday
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need
- Sheriff: Homicide victim identified in Hawkins County